cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom screen share failed to start. Please try again later. Error code 105035 on Mac

viswa
Listener

Screen sharing used to work just fine for me until recently, but now I've started seeing this error on Mac OS 12.4. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app already, as well as restarting my computer. I've also triple checked that Zoom has all necessary permissions in Security & Privacy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mw3
Listener

Hi! I contacted Zoom Support and they have the following solution for me (running Zoom version 5.11.1 (8356) on Monterey).

Check if the Apple File System is case-sensitive (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utilities). I attached an image with the important part marked red. For this case the Support recommended me to change under /Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/Frameworks the folder name from CptHost.app to cpthost.app (you must have admin rights to do it). Hope it helps. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

dominicfrohn
Listener

I have the same problem - with mac book screen and also with iPad via Airdrop. With restarting my mac book it works again, but then the error occurs again. Any ideas?

RUMOBA
Listener

Please we need help on this issue for iMac with Catalina version...

PhoenixHo
Listener

I met the same problem today during a class. Hope to receive a response on how to resolve it soon. 

mw3
Listener

Dear colleagues!

I faced the same problem this morning.  All of a sudden I cannot share my apps with other colleagues when a session is established. I am running on a MacBook Pro with the newest macOS release Monterey (version 12.4). Zoom is in version 5.11.1 (8356). I removed and install Zoom again and erased the 'cache' (~/Library/Application Support/zoom.us/data) that can have possible side effects. I select under Preferences 'Sharing' 'Screen sharing' by previously deselecting 'Remote Management' (only one can be selected).  I allow me to share the screen (issue under 'Allow access for' -> 'Only these users'). On the 'Security & Privacy' 'Privacy' I allow Zoom to access the hardware (microphone & camera) and allow Zoom to control the computer ('Accessibility'). The configuration of Zoom is untouched. I also reboot the Mac (act of desperation ☹️). Non of those helped and I still got the annoying message.

Can some of Zoom contributors have a look and fix it?

Best regards,

Marcus

SakoHiroshi
Listener

Same Here.  iMac 2017  the newest macOS release Monterey (version 12.4).  Zoom is in version 5.11.1 (8356)

uninstall -> reinstall, rebooting also didn't work.

dominicfrohn
Listener

...I face this problems now until ten days and it is really annoying: I can fix it with leaving the meeting, restart my mac and then it works again, but the problem occurs again and again (with macbook screen and with iPad screen too). 

@Anonymous people: Please do sth. and help us! This error has a hard bad impact in giving seminars via zoom!

Jana_Austria
Listener

Error: 105035

Same here:
It's only been happening since Zoom's last update on Version: 5.11.1 (8356).
MacBook Pro, macOS Monterey 12.4

All software up to date, Zoom uninstalled & reinstalled both ways (via Zoom unistall and second try deleted from Mac), tried to change various settings according to various blogs, because no help was found on Zoom, didn't help and set everything back to the settings how it was last working.

My solution was to work on another MacBookPro and it worked, despite the same macOS version and the same Zoom version.
The differences between the two devices are:
the working device is older (Intel Core i5 / i7),
has less memory (8GB / 16GB),
has a different graphic card (Iris Graphics / Iris Pro)
and I had to work on Keynote instead of PowerPoint.
But all these cannot be the reasons.

I only have a standard pro package without support and there is no German-speaking community.
I would have to pay extra for support, which I'm not willing to do because I'm paying for a working product and the product isn't working properly anymore, even though it's been working fine for the past two years. I am not willing to pay support costs for a product defect.

HELLO ZOOM TEAM: WE NEED HELP HERE VERY URGENT! WITHOUT THIS FEATURE, ZOOM IS USELESS TO ME!

viswa
Listener

Hi folks, OP here. I was able to work around this problem by installing an older version of Zoom (I tried 5.10.7) from here: https://zoom.en.uptodown.com/mac/versions. You'll have to uninstall your current Zoom version, install the new version and turn off automatic updates right away to prevent it from updating itself. This is definitely due to a bug introduced after 5.10.7, hopefully Zoom fixes it soon and we can update to a future release. Hope this helps!

mw3
Listener

Hi! I contacted Zoom Support and they have the following solution for me (running Zoom version 5.11.1 (8356) on Monterey).

Check if the Apple File System is case-sensitive (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utilities). I attached an image with the important part marked red. For this case the Support recommended me to change under /Applications/zoom.us.app/Contents/Frameworks the folder name from CptHost.app to cpthost.app (you must have admin rights to do it). Hope it helps. 

Thanks so much. This worked for me. I also had high encryption on, so it didn't show Case-Sensitive, but (Encrypted) instead. But I do remember when installing Monterey, I enabled Case Sensitivity too.

Thanks!  Same problem and this solution worked.

Details: I'm on MacOS 12.4 and Zoom 5.11.1 (8356).  My drive is case-sensitive.  I renamed the folder using the terminal (using sudo).  I had to restart the Zoom app, but I didn't need to reboot the Mac.

So this error is still happening to me. I'm running on an M1 chip, don't have APFS case-sensitive AND I'm using the latest release 5.11.3 (9065). I've renamed the file as recommended in the solution and just saw the same error code in my last Zoom meeting about 10 minutes ago. Will downgrade back to 5.10.7 for the sake of stability. Anyone else out there still having issues? 

This happened to me today.  Worked fine yesterday.  I have your same configuration...