cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not starting on Linux Mint 20 with NVIDIA proprietary driver

KipiE
Listener

Hi!

I have installed Zoom (5.11.1 / 3595)  for Linux on my Linux Mint 20 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 graphics card. If I use the recommended proprietary driver (nvidia-driver-470, ver. 470.129.06), Zoom just refuses to start. I can launch Zoom, enter my SSO login information, but after that, nothing happens. Zoom is not freezing, it just does not proceed to the "dashboard". I can re-login as many times I want, no help.

If I switch to open source noveau driver, everything works just fine.

Since I need some functionalities offered by the proprietary NVIDIA driver, dropping the NVIDIA driver and switching to noveau is *not* a solution!

Any suggestions/ideas, how to fix this, if not related to Zoom? If this is related to Zoom, when is this expected to be fixed?

Regards,

Kimmo

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @KipiE

This would be an issue that our Technical Support team can assist you with because we would most likely need logging from your machine in order to isolate the issue. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Was there any resolution to this as I have a similar issue with Mint 21.1. When starting the Zoom app all I see is an empty window which disappears after a couple of seconds.  I'm using NVidia driver 525 (Version 525.85.05-0ubuntu0.22.04.1). I have removed and reinstalled the zoom app today but it still doesn't work.