cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom creates an empty folder on Mac

yccuu
Listener

Hello,

Today I found a folder called "Zoom" on my Mac's Document folder on Finder that was created yesterday. The folder is 0kb, does anyone know if this is a normal thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @yccuu, this folder is for local recordings. More info here for Finding and viewing local recordings

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @yccuu, this folder is for local recordings. More info here for Finding and viewing local recordings

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

The problem is that Zoom is now creating a folder for every Zoom meeting. If there is no chat or recording for that meeting, the folder is blank.  

This is different from past practice where a folder was created ONLY for meetings with content that is set up to be saved based on account settings.

exactly.
how can we stop this?
it's very annoying 

Agreed. So this must have been started with an update. I want to stop creation of these folders. 

I solved this by disabling Meeting chat - Auto-save in the In Meeting (Basic) section of settings.

It creates an empty folder for every meeting where a chat isn't used and adds a text file if the chat feature is used. If you disable this feature you will have to remember to manually save a chat prior to ending the meeting. Hopefully Zoom will fix this in a future update so it can behave as it did in the past.

Settings > In Meeting (Basic) > Meeting chat - Auto-save
Automatically save chat messages to a local file on the host's computer when the meeting ends

Exactly what I needed - THANK YOU!!

Work for me too!
And it still saves a copy of the chat to the cloud with the audio & video recording.