cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom client unresponsive

CL4
Listener

After having worked fine for years, today my client malfunctioned.  When I was joining a meeting, I could turn on the microphone and talk with others in the meeting.  As soon as I clicked on the video icon to turn it on. the cursor turned into a spinning circle; the video did not turn on and I could not get any of the functions to respond.   After ending the program a few times, with CTL/ALT/DEL and restarting, always with the same result, I uninstalled the program and installed a new one.  The same malfunction resulted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, Anissat.

I turned out that I just had to unplug my webcam and plug it back into the USB.  Go figure.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @CL4 -

There are a few steps you can take: 

1. Make sure your computer/device is up-to-date. Sometimes camera, microphone/audio, and other hardware components get device driver updates that aren't always run with your regular operating system updates.
  2. Make sure Zoom app is up-to-date. (I see you uninstalled and reinstalled it, but you might need to do it one more time if you had updates from Step 1 above ▲ ).
  3. Try changing audio devices in your Zoom toolbar. If you have multiple audio inputs (ex. a webcam with a microphone, but also a headset/ear buds with a mic, or onboard/internal laptop microphone), check to see if your other mic options work. (You can test this out using https://zoom.us/test at any time.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

Hi, Anissat.

I turned out that I just had to unplug my webcam and plug it back into the USB.  Go figure.  Thanks!

I just tried this and it seems to work for me too (I'm on a Mac). I hope it's a long-term fix!

anissat

Boom! Glad it was an easy fix, @CL4 ! 👋🏽

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat