cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom camera flashing and glitching after update

erihar16
Attendee

I updated my Zoom on my Mac and started having my camera flash, glitch, go black and white, funky colors, reflect my screen during my Zoom calls when not screen sharing. 

I DO NOT have an external camera connected. 

I have never had these problems with Zoom before. When I open photo booth or other apps that use my camera  I do not have this problem. I have restarted my computer and redownloaded Zoom. Both have not worked. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

I understand that some users are having an issue with their camera while using Zoom.

Our Engineering team has been alerted of this issue and this issue should be fixed in 5.13.5 version of Zoom desktop client which was released this week. You may follow the steps here on how you can update your Zoom app Upgrading Zoom to the latest version – Zoom Support. As an additional step, I would suggest to completely uninstall Zoom (to remove bad app cache) , reboot device, and then reinstall to the latest version .

They have reproduced the issue and found out the root cause, the video de-noise function goes wrong when the CPU usage is high on some computers with low-performance CPUs. If your Zoom desktop client version is currently in 5.13.4, you may follow the workaround below to fix the issue.

As a workaround, disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings on your Zoom desktop client (pic1:Windows, pic2:Mac) can avoid the issue. 

CarlaA_0-1674154371328.png

CarlaA_1-1674154629872.png

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62

monaiza
Listener

same here! it sucks! they destroy our camera hardware!!!

PM4
Listener

I am facing the same issue. the video keeps on glitching. Has anyone found a solution yet?

encara
Attendee

hey @erihar16 you can fix this by uninstalling the current version of Zoom and then installing an older version, see here: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/12-28-2022-Zoom-Update-Video-Freeze-With-Flashing-Multi-Color...

ClaireS
Listener

This has happened to me today too. I hope zoom will fix this issue.

tolphina
Listener

Same situation on my Windows machine today. Skype and other camera apps work fine. Not resolved yet...

smcjdc7
Listener

I just updated the other day and when meeting with people, I am having the same problem.  Camera is flashing and glitching.  It does fine if I am sitting on it waiting for people to show.  My video is fine then, but when I meet with someone whether I host or not, it starts flashing within seconds.

Jule
Listener

Same here! What is going on??!! I use this platform to host meetings for my business... I have a paid subscription... This is NOT COOL! Any solutions yet??

nreiher
Listener

Our users are experiencing this issue on our lower specced computers. It seems Zoom has trouble processing camera inputs when all the available system resources are used. When ever the computer is "busy"/screen sharing/doing lots of other things it glitches out. We've found going into Zoom video settings > Advanced and then turning off "Optimize video quality with de-noise" will help. That might be a good band aid solution until Zoom can patch this camera issue.

Thanks.  this seems to work for now on my 2015 All in one running a Logitech external camera.  I did uninstall and reinstall Zoom Client but this did not help. Removing the check from the "Optimize video quality with de-noise" box worked.

stop confusing people with"lower specced computers" and weak cpu, i have this problem on both of my laptops. one of them is the newest model of MSI modern 15 and the other one is a gaming laptop able to handle unreal engine modeling, the problem appeared after the update so it's only about ZOOM's crook-handed programmers

This solution seemed to have worked.

Which solution worked for you?

worked, thanks for the assist in this matter

Nicole9
Listener

Same here and it's rally annoying,I've been stressing with this for the past 2 days I've screamed and almost throw this laptop out the window,I saw that it's not only  my laptop it's my daughters aswell and she tried verything to fix it but she couldn't.I emaild zoom and told them everything but they are just to tash to responde I want to move from zoom but it will be hard to annonce to my workers that I'll be using another app and ID

Alisaparkes12
Listener

Same here!!!

menumad
Listener

mine too how can it be resolved please

bagusrizki
Listener

same here

DJ_riz
Listener

same bro

Minniejn2005
Listener

I am having this same problem as well whenever I screenshare. I need to be able to screen share on zoom. 

Kels
Listener

I am having the same issue. 

Bregar275
Listener

I've seen this problem recently from several people including myself. Although not sure what is causing it, as long as it's just the camera glitching, all you need to do is shut down your video feed for a few seconds, and turn it back on. (You don't need to reboot or even log out)
At least that works for about 2 or three of us that has been having this problem. I have two Logitech cameras and one MIS laptop camera that has been having problems, and although it doesn't fix the problem, it does seem to reset it quickly. 

IanG
Listener

Same thing started happening to me after the update - exactly as you described. I've tried reinstalling etc. nothing has worked. 

PathToWellness
Listener

Thank you for starting this thread! There's even a solution to try posted. And at least we can see that there are others with the same issue. 

I found this thread through Google, looking for a solution to the same problem.

Tamerax
Listener

This is what worked for me taken from a post above:

Zoom video settings > Advanced and then turning off "Optimize video quality with de-noise"

this seems to have worked for me used it today without any problems thank you

rachelabolton
Listener

I also have this issue. Tried reinstalling the current version of Zoom and also updated my graphics card. Have just tried the solution posted below about adjusting the Zoom video settings > Advanced and then turning off "Optimize video quality with de-noise." This seems to be working temporarily.

LuisLandas123
Listener

same here

NHYP
Listener

Have you tried the following? Worked for me (Windows):

Go to your (Zoom) settings, Video, (bottom of the menu) Advanced, Uncheck the "Optimize Video quality with de-noise".

LuisLandas123
Listener

ok thanks, i will try it

CaRargh
Listener

I have the same problem 

Went to run a mental health group today and had to spend the whole time with my video off as it kept flashing and crashing. 

Really unprofessional and this needs sorting as I'm paying for the subscription so I can support people online.

Same - I am a therapist as well.  

CaRargh
Listener

I found a solution on  different thread!  

Video settings:Adjust low light to manual

In advanced Tab *un* check "optimise video quality with de-noise" 

Seems to be working so far

Otherwise revert back to a previous version of Zoom

Martina442
Listener

Same. I'm going to try the fix suggested by other uses but hope Zoom can correct this. It is not only distracting, it is disturbing because the glitches are so harsh.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

I understand that some users are having an issue with their camera while using Zoom.

Our Engineering team has been alerted of this issue and this issue should be fixed in 5.13.5 version of Zoom desktop client which was released this week. You may follow the steps here on how you can update your Zoom app Upgrading Zoom to the latest version – Zoom Support. As an additional step, I would suggest to completely uninstall Zoom (to remove bad app cache) , reboot device, and then reinstall to the latest version .

They have reproduced the issue and found out the root cause, the video de-noise function goes wrong when the CPU usage is high on some computers with low-performance CPUs. If your Zoom desktop client version is currently in 5.13.4, you may follow the workaround below to fix the issue.

As a workaround, disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings on your Zoom desktop client (pic1:Windows, pic2:Mac) can avoid the issue. 

CarlaA_0-1674154371328.png

CarlaA_1-1674154629872.png

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

How do I get to this first Settings screen.  I can't find the option anywhere.  

My settings just takes me to the settings for meetings.

Hi @Jean1734! You can locate it on the home page of your Zoom app:

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 10.25.37 AM.png

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

My home screen doesn't look like that either. Profile picture has no settings option.

Same here, I do not have the option you´ve shown:

andyflog_0-1675969392558.png