cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom browser plugins/Addons only for scheduling a meeting or for participation too?

thoste
Listener

Sorry for this newbie question:

Are the Zoom browser plugin/AddOns only for setup and scheduling a zoom Meeting or can I (visually) participate in a Zoom meeting too?

5 REPLIES 5

howied42
Listener

you can participate in a zoom meeting from a browser as long that option is allowed by the host who setup the meeting. 

I installed Zoom WebExtension on Chrome browser.

But there is no Zoom toolbar icon.

Where is it?

As far as i can see users of Zoom WebExtension are force to use Google Calendar to join a meeting.

Is this true?

I expected to be able to click simply a special link to join a certain Zoom meeting WITHOUT Google Calendar

howied42
Listener

zoom webextension enables you to schedule a zoom meeting from google calendar. 

see attached image.. is this what you are looking for?

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 8.57.00 AM.png

I don't want to schedule a meeting!

I want to JOIN an existing zoom meeting.

I got an invitation link for such a Zoom meeting.

Do I have to Install full Zoom package on Windows?

If I click on the invitation link nothing happened.

Why not?

Is there a meeting number which can be entered manually in browser Zoom WebExtension?

Thomas

no plugin is needed to join a zoom meeting if you see the below link that says "Join from Browser"

I believe the webextension you are talking about is mainly for scheduling an event. 

In the invitation there is often a meeting ID (10-12 digit number) and a passcode (6 digit number) if one is set. 

You can go to the zoom.us website and select "Join a meeting" in the top right to connect to the meeting

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 3.30.28 PM.png