cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom and PowerPoint

Tom13
Listener

Hi everyone, I'm new to the community so I apologise if this topic has been covered before.

I had a problem this week when I was presenting  a set of PowerPoint slides at a presentation. There was slide morphing in the presentation so it was slightly but not overly complicated. During set up everything worked perfectly but as soon as I went to screen sharing on Zoom it all went haywire. I could only advance slides via the arrow key on the keyboard and the morphing didn't work at all. This happened before too.  I was using a MacBook, the previous time was a PC. I would welcome any suggestions to avoid this recurring.

Thanks from Bonnie Scotland.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tom13
Listener

Hi Jeff and others, 

I think this is solved now. What did it was altering Security & Privacy privileges and giving Zoom access there. A small scale Zoom call, intra house, worked perfectly.  I'll try a larger scale test soon but I'm much happier now.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.
All the best,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

If the slide animations became an issue while sharing on a PC and even did it when sharing while using the Mac, I'm going to guess that you were in the same location both times. Such as your office or home. The common issue from two different computers and operating systems makes me lean towards you having an issue with enough bandwidth to the Internet.
Before starting or joining the meeting you might open a web browser and go to speedtest.net and get a read of your download and upload speeds. I would encourage anybody to have at least 5mb down and 5mb up at a minimum.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply, I'm very grateful. However, it was different locations and since then I've tried it from one room to another at home, same outcome. The up speed at home is about 18 mbps.

The quest goes on............

Tom13
Listener

Hi Jeff and others, 

I think this is solved now. What did it was altering Security & Privacy privileges and giving Zoom access there. A small scale Zoom call, intra house, worked perfectly.  I'll try a larger scale test soon but I'm much happier now.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.
All the best,