cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When sharing screen, only application names show

neilweiss
Listener

I recently did a system upgrade for my MacBook Air, and now, when I try to Share Screen it only shows  an icon with the Application Name, (Google Chrome, Microsoft Powerpoint, etc)  rather than a miniature view of the actual screen.  If I have multiple Powerpoint decks open, I can't see which one I want to open

4 REPLIES 4

Hime-Tama
Listener

Hi Neilweiss, Hime-Tama here.

I'd recommend going into Zoom settings and clicking on "Share Screen". From there, you may scroll down, if necessary, and click the little box at the bottom that says "Advanced".  Once you're in the advanced menu, you can play around with the "screen capture mode" dropdown which I believe is the problem. otherwise, try to play around with the other checkboxes in that advanced menu, you might find something there which can help fix your problem.

As I no longer use a Mac, I am not too familiar with the issues surrounding it, but this is the best advice I can offer.

Hope this helps!

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @neilweiss , 

You may have to check the Privacy controls on the Mac System Preferences to ensure Zoom has full access to screen recording. This may be preventing the Screen Share selection window from working properly, and these settings are often reset or adjusted when upgrading the OS. 

It can also happen that the OS upgrade will still show Zoom as having access, but the scope of the access is still constrained to the old definition while the OS upgrade uses a new definition. To fix this, you would enter the following command in Terminal: 

$ sudo tccutil reset ScreenCapture

That would reset the Screen Capture/Recording OS functionality, which Zoom uses for screen sharing, and allows you to grant Zoom permissions again, this time with the new full scope. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

The same thing happens to me on Windows 10  and the latest version of Zoom app, so I do not thing it's a IOS thing only.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem?