cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam not functioning on Citrix VDI

jessi4545
Listener

hello all, 

I am using a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad and am working from within a virtual desktop in Citrix. I tested the camera outside my virtual desktop works fine for MS Teams and Zoom. Within the virtual desktop, I cannot see people nor be seen - there is not even a button to turn on the video. Also, I have not button to share my screen nor can I see other people sharing theirs. 

I have installed Zoom VDI (latest version 5.8.x), latest version of Citrix Workspace and latest version of Zoom itself - still not success. I tried accessing the virtual desktop from another laptop, everything works perfectly fine. 

I checked my anit-virus sofware  called bitdefender. It detects the use of the microphone as Citrix HDX Engine. I can hear people and people can hear me. So that at least works. The anit-virus software does not recognise the camera inside Citrix - but it does recognise the camera for both MS Teams and Zoom OUTSIDE the citrix virtual desktop. 

I have no idea what else should I do. Please help. 

Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2

ar1337
Listener

Did you make any progress on this? I'm having a similar issue.

nsandifer
Listener

Had the same issue and was able to resolve it by downloading the same version Citrix plugin on my local machine that is part of the Citrix VDI/VAD desktop image.  Try that, it resolved the issue me us