cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Advice on Improving Zoom Meeting Quality and Troubleshooting Audio Issues

baxterstreeserv
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Zoom Community,

I’m having some challenges with my Zoom meetings and would greatly appreciate your advice on improving overall meeting quality and troubleshooting specific issues. Here’s a summary of the problems I’m encountering and what I’ve tried so far:

Current Setup:

• Zoom Version: Zoom Desktop Client (Version 5.10.1)
  • Operating System: Windows 11
  • Internet Connection: Fiber Optic (200 Mbps download / 100 Mbps upload)
  • Hardware: Logitech C920 Webcam, Blue Yeti Microphone, and Bose QuietComfort Headphones

Issues Encountered:

1. Audio Problems: I frequently experience audio lag and echo during meetings. Participants often report difficulty hearing me clearly.
  2. Video Quality: The video quality sometimes drops, resulting in blurry or pixelated images. This happens even though my internet connection is stable.
  3. Screen Sharing: When I share my screen, the shared content occasionally lags or freezes for other participants.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Updated Software: Ensured that both Zoom and my operating system are up-to-date.
  • Checked Hardware: Verified that my webcam and microphone are properly connected and functioning.
  • Network Check: Performed speed tests to confirm that my internet connection is stable.
  • Adjusted Settings: Tested different audio and video settings within Zoom.

Questions:

1. Improving Audio Quality: What are the best practices for ensuring clear and consistent audio during Zoom meetings? Are there specific settings or equipment adjustments that can help?
  2. Enhancing Video Quality: How can I improve video quality and reduce issues like blurriness or pixelation? Are there settings or configurations that could help stabilize video performance?
  3. Troubleshooting Screen Sharing: What steps can I take to address lag or freezing during screen sharing? Are there known issues with screen sharing that I should be aware of?
  4. Optimizing Zoom Performance: Are there any additional tips or tools you recommend for optimizing overall Zoom performance, especially for professional and high-stakes meetings?

I’m keen to resolve these issues to ensure smooth and professional Zoom meetings. Any advice or insights you can provide would be incredibly helpful!

Click here for further information

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Jordan Adams

0 REPLIES 0