cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume resets to zero with USB Audio Interface

jamesmcclure
Listener

I use a Shure SM58 microphone connected to an M-Audio M-Track Duo USB audio interface on my Mac (Monterey OS X 12.3) and for the last few weeks can no longer use it with Zoom. Any time I select the USB interface, the volume slider in Zoom resets to zero. If I turn off auto-volume, the slider stays at the bottom. I can manually drag it to the right but then it pops back to zero as soon as I let go of the pointer. This doesn't happen with any other applications, just Zoom.

The only solution so far is to use my Mac's built-in audio. I've restarted, updated the OS, removed and reinstalled Zoom with no change.

4 REPLIES 4

MichaelOne
Listener

I'm having the same issues and it's having really bad consequences for me. What am I paying for if I can't use my zoom?

adispezio
Listener

Same issue. Sure SM58 with M-Audio Air. Worked fine the last 2 years. No new drivers/codecs installed (that I'm aware of). Input volume resets to zero when I try to adjust. Strangely it seems to work sometimes, even when input volume reads zero. It's say about half of the calls work.

martin0641
Listener

Same issue with a Yeti Blue Classic, I've unselected "automatic" and set it to 100% and every meeting it puts itself back to the middle and no one can hear me - it's really screwing with my meetings.

Version 5.11.1 (6602) (64-bit)

jamesmcclure
Listener

Still a problem. Bueller? Bueller…