cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View recording

Goeblrud
Listener

Got a link to the recording + identification code from the host. When I open the link, I get to the login and then there is an error message: ....no authorization...
Can not enter the identification code anywhere!?
What is going wrong here?

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Goeblrud ! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you get it resolved.

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Runt1970
Listener

I am having the same problem.  Have received a link to the recording and a passcode but cannot view recording.  I log in to Zoom and it takes me directly to a black screen that says "You cannot view this recording. No permission".  Doesn't provide me with a place to even put in the passcode.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Runt1970 ! 

Please forward this information to the host who has shared the link with you as they will need to change some privacy settings in order to give you access to the recording. 

To change sharing options for a Zoom recording, the host has to go to zoom.us/recording and sign in with their Zoom account. Then, click on the ‘Share’ button next to the Zoom meeting recording for which you want to change the sharing options.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.45.03 AM.png

On the ‘Share this cloud recording’ pop-up box, select ‘Publicly’ option and click the ‘Save’ button below it.

CarlaA_4-1653068661617.png

Then, make sure the ‘Password protection option is enabled. If not, enable it and set a strong password for the recording. Click the ‘Save’ button after setting a password to bring changes to effect.

The final sharing settings should appear as shown in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 11.47.52 AM.png

I hope this helps to resolve the issue you are experiencing! 

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?