Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video image is broken

shincha
Listener
10 REPLIES 10

lekxknits
Listener

I have a similar problem, and I am seeing it more and more when I am on Zoom.  It happened to a teacher at the recent Stitches event; it happened to another participant in a knitting group I belong to; it happened today to someone attending a presentation at Rowan Connect.  I thought it was a problem with my computer, but I am seeing the same thing happen to so many people so frequently that I am beginning to think it's a problem with Zoom.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @shincha @lekxknits suggest trying to update your Zoom client to the latest version (as of now I am on 15.13.6) to see if that resolves your issue! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I uninstalled then re-installed Zoom, then my tech guy did the same thing.  That didn't fix it.  In fact, all this is happening since the last update.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@lekxknits can you try turning off the hardware acceleration if enabled within your Zoom client settings > Video > Advanced? Also, do you mind sharing the version of Zoom you're currently running? 

More info on Managing advanced video settings

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Aline8
Listener

Go to the video start icon when you're in a meeting. Click on the up arrow and click on video settings. A new window opens. Click on 'advanced' and another window will open. Untic/uncheck the box next to the setting for 'Optimise video quality with de-noise'. Close the window. It will be fixed. Thank you to Thom R. for helping me with this last weekend.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Aline8 curious, can you share the version you are currently running? Did uncheck the 'Optimizing video quality with de-noise' fix before or after updating if updated? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi @RN, not sure - where would i find the version? I haven't updated recently

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Aline8 no worries! Here is how to find what Zoom version you are currently running: 

1. Open and sign in to the Zoom desktop client .
  2. Click your profile picture to view client options. 
  3. Click Help, and then select About Zoom.  
    You will see the currently installed version of the Zoom desktop client.

However, if on a lower version than 5.13.5, suggest updating your Zoom client, as there was a fix within 5.13.5 on camera-related issues. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Aline8
Listener

@RN Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not showing. When i click my profile picture it only shows my email address, the fact that i am licensed, and a sign out option. 

I found a HELP button, but it took me (via Zendesk) to a support page with too m any choices... thanks anyway.

lekxknits
Listener

@RN I don't know which version I was on when the problem started, but it was the most current version available at the time.  That was the first thing I checked, and the first thing my IT guy checked when I called him in to help.  Since then, I have been using a Chromebook, and have had no issues.  When you said that a recent update repaired a camera issue, I manually updated again today, and that seems to have solved the problem.  Thanks.