cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update

Pauluss
Listener

I have to update, or at least it is possible that I have to.  I'm supposed  to arrange this in 'the Dashboard' or in 'the desktop client'.  I checked the drop down menus but cannot find any of these. Where to find?

5 REPLIES 5

pizzalover28
Participant

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to reach out to the community.

I found a helpful support artical that has instructions on how to update your desk top client. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version

DonSolo
Listener

The method described in the link is not available in the current version of zoom.  Previously, we could do it that way, but not anymore.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@DonSolo Are you saying the Check for Updates option is missing? 

If so, this could be due to your client being installed using the MSI/Admin installer, which has AutoUpdate disabled by default and removes the Check for Updates option from the menu. If this is a company device, then that may be what your IT dept. wants. If this is your personal device, then I would suggest an uninstall and reinstall with the standard installer. 

MagePro
Listener

I ran into a situation where the Check for Updates option disappeared. The PC  (Windows) would only start the old Meetings Client when the latest EXE installer was used. The version would not update. So, I was forced to use the MSI installer. The Check for Updates returned until the machine was rebooted. It's been gone ever since. The application has been uninstalled and rebooted and reinstalled again attempting the process using both the EXE installer and the MSI installer. The Check for Updates function has remained unavailable through all attempts. Other than that, it works great! However, I still have to use the MSI installer to get the version to update. 

When will we have a solution for this? My Zoom updates itself in the middle of my training sessions, and reboots, kicking me out of the meeting. I need a solution today!