cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to book 40mins on Basic.

Markie
Listener

When I try to book 40min meetings for 3 participants (Basic), I can only select 30 or 45, so always restricted to 30.  Help please? 

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Markie 

These are just the default time duration options. You can manually enter 40 minutes as the duration, but the scheduled duration has no actual affect on the meeting. This duration is mainly used when creating calendar events, so that the appropriate block of time is occupied on someone's calendar. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you. I have tried over-riding manually on the booking screen but 40mins is still not accepted unfortunately. 

Bort

Sorry to hear that, but in any case, the scheduled duration of the meeting has no direct effect on the actual duration of the meeting. Whether you schedule the meeting for 5 minutes or 40 minutes, the Zoom meeting will not be constrained by that. 

JimmyWick
Attendee

Instructor schedules a meeting in Canvas.
Students join the meeting.
Instructor has pre-set a break for the meeting at 30 minutes (or whatever time feels like a good stopping point.)
At the 30-minute mark, the instructor tells students they are taking a 5 minute break, and instructs students to return in 5 min.
The instructor ends the meeting.
When it’s time to return to the meeting, the instructor restarts the same meeting she or he just ended. (Same meeting ID, same calendar invite, etc.)
Students click on the same link they did before.
Everyone is in the same meeting, only it is a new meeting now, with a new 40-min. time limit.

Regards,
J Wick