cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designated Backup.

gdaigon
Listener

I am the secretary for a local DC Aikido dojo and every two weeks we have virtual one-hour Aikido sessions.  Our Aikido club has a ZOOM account and I am the designated manager of that account.  I schedule the ZOOM Aikido sessions and let people into those ZOOM sessions.  However, I will be out of town soon and can't manage those ZOOM sessions.  I tried giving someone else in the club my sign-in name and password but ZOOM sent a sign-in code to my account, not his.  Is there a simpler way to get around this like designating someone else as the backup manager for the account so they can open up and manage the ZOOM sessions when I am gone?

3 REPLIES 3

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey @gdaigon 👋 I definitely just went down a rabbit hole after Googling 'Aikido' 😂

Yes you can totally allow someone to host the meeting on your behalf. This is where your host key is going to be your new best friend!

A couple of things to remember:

• Ensure the 'Allow participants to join before host' setting is enabled
  • That the waiting room is switched off

The other user (assuming they are not part of your account) should then be able to join, claim hosting duties and switch the waiting room back on (if required).

If this was helpful, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button below! 🙌

gdaigon
Listener

TobeyfromRea----Thanks for getting back to me.  I located my host key number in my profile.  But I am a bit unclear on how to effectively use it.  Looking at ZOOM's online tutorials, it appears that I have to start the meeting first and only then can I hand control over it to another person who has the host key.  In my situation, I am going to be out of town and won't even be able to access the meeting.  I have given my backup my sign-in name and password but as mentioned, ZOOM sends a six-digit sign-in code to my email address, not his.  Any clarification on whether the host key number would enable my backup to run the meeting without my participation would be appreciated.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@gdaigon 

I'd suggest reading through this similar post on how to use the host key to accomplish what you are wanting: Alternate Meeting Hosts