cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound is distorted

Anat11
Listener

Hi all! 

I've been really struggling with sound distortion during video calls for a while now. Every time I connect to my Airpods, both old gen 2 and brand new Airpod Pro, my mic works horribly. I have tested headphones through other apps - they work fine. Checked my mic test in Zoom, the only way I can get a normal sound is through my Macbook Pro mic, which is super annoying as I work from a co-working space.

Please someone help, I have tried everything I could possibly think of!

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Zoomalorian
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey, I'm curious, what do your settings look like for your audio settings?  If you "Test Mic" how does it sound?  Check the input volume.  I usually like for the microphone level to be adjusted automatically.  

Hi! I have exactly the same settings as you do, and I sound like a distorted Terminator 😤

Zoomalorian

I may start using the term distorted terminator in everyday conversation! Gave me a good representation!

I would like to say the obligatory, make sure all of your apps are up to date.  Firmware on the AirPods and app version on Zoom.  Assuming that is all up to date - 

I have read some documentation about noise suppression being utilized in Airpods as well as Zoom potentially causing too much noise suppression.  Something I saw was to set the noise suppression setting in Zoom to low and try again.  This did help another user.  Worth a try for you as well I think.

figlata
Listener

I have the same issue with the same original Airpods and Airpods Gen 2. The issue for me also happens in other web conference call systems like Meet and Teams. Very frustrating not to be able to use the mic on the Airpods.