cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing screen and audio

TNgirl21
Listener

Hello! I am trying to share my screen (to show a "starting soon" slide 15 minutes before my zoom) AND share my audio so participants can hear music while they are viewing my powerpoint slide and countdown clock.

How can I "share" both so they can hear the audio? Whenever I share my screen to show the powerpoint slide the audio goes almost quiet. 

Thanks!

Angie 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ChrisO
Note Taker

In the share screen menu, there is a box in the lower left that says "Share Sound". Make sure it is checked.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

View solution in original post

Hi ChrisO!

In order for people to hear my music I am going to "share" then "Advanced" then "Computer Audio" and the music sounds great, BUT then if I share my screen to show my slide the sound immediately sounds bad.  I see the button for "Share sound" on the advanced screen but that didn't seem to work? 

The share sound check box is located on the basic screen sharing menu and will not work if you have selected an option from the advanced menu (which should do the same thing). Have you verified that people on the other end can hear it or not? There have been some others complaining that when sharing audio the sound on their end goes out, but the other attendees can still hear it fine.

8 REPLIES 8

ChrisO
Note Taker

In the share screen menu, there is a box in the lower left that says "Share Sound". Make sure it is checked.

Hi ChrisO! 

Yes, I am using the advanced setting to share sound but my issue is I can't then share my screen as well to show my powerpoint slide. When I share my slide it stops sharing my sound apparently?

What advanced setting are you using? The screen share and audio share should start at the same time.

Hi ChrisO!

In order for people to hear my music I am going to "share" then "Advanced" then "Computer Audio" and the music sounds great, BUT then if I share my screen to show my slide the sound immediately sounds bad.  I see the button for "Share sound" on the advanced screen but that didn't seem to work? 

The share sound check box is located on the basic screen sharing menu and will not work if you have selected an option from the advanced menu (which should do the same thing). Have you verified that people on the other end can hear it or not? There have been some others complaining that when sharing audio the sound on their end goes out, but the other attendees can still hear it fine.

Yeah, we did a test run on on Friday and people said as soon as I shared my screen the audio went down to almost no sound.  I'm going to do some more testing this morning based on your input. Thank you!

TNgirl21
Listener

Thanks for your help Chris! 

On the shared screen when I selected "stereo - high fidelity" it seemed to work! 

thomster_21
Listener

I have the same issue I see discussed above.  I appears that I can only Share Music OR my screen (in this case a PPT slide, saying the meeting will start soon...) I can seem to share both at the same time. 

Is this a limitation? or is there a setting that will allow BOTH audio share and a screen share at the same time?