cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Screen Crashes on Windows

DanjPeterson
Listener

Ever since early December 2022, whenever I try to share my screen during a Zoom meeting, I get a "Zoom Quit Unexpectedly" error. Both my Zoom and my Windows system are up to date, and I've tried several of the most common fixes with video acceleration to fix the problem, yet it persists. I've also tried sharing my screen on a simple Zoom meeting where I am the only participant without error, but as soon as another person enters, I usually get about 3 "Zoom quit unexpectedly" dialog boxes (without me actually being booted from the meeting), followed by usually a fourth that kicks me out of the meeting and then lets me back in without my screen shared. I have tried sharing different program screens (Mozilla, Chrome, and Word) and have gotten the same error. My computer is an HP Spectre. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'd suggest following and it worked for me on several machines.  I work in IT.

1. Uninstall Zoom and download the latest 64bit version.

Uninstalling should clean out cache file and reset settings to default.   Look for an article on how to clear zoom's temp file.   Messing around with settings made thing worse for me. Especially video acceleration settings.  Leave everything as default.

2.  Very important. Update all your drivers including bios.   i mean All drivers, do not pick and choose.  if there is an update, update it. Laptop's manufacture should have driver utility to help you update. 

ex) for Dell, Dell command update utility.

Good luck...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

DanjPeterson
Listener

I should add this problem persists when I use the Zoom web client or the Zoom software installed on my laptop.

I am aware of those pages and have followed the steps indicated, including restarting, changing settings, and deleting Zoom and reinstalling. My system is up-to-date and meets all requirements, yet the problem persists.

Thx123
Listener

What kind of CPU model do you have?  Are you on Win 11?   32 or 64bit Zoom?

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz

Running Windows 11 (Home)

Running version 5.13.5 (12053) of Zoom. I have a 64-bit OS and x64-based processor, but I can't find info in my version of Zoom telling me which version I'm using.

I'd suggest following and it worked for me on several machines.  I work in IT.

1. Uninstall Zoom and download the latest 64bit version.

Uninstalling should clean out cache file and reset settings to default.   Look for an article on how to clear zoom's temp file.   Messing around with settings made thing worse for me. Especially video acceleration settings.  Leave everything as default.

2.  Very important. Update all your drivers including bios.   i mean All drivers, do not pick and choose.  if there is an update, update it. Laptop's manufacture should have driver utility to help you update. 

ex) for Dell, Dell command update utility.

Good luck...

Yep, this ended up working for me in the end - some driver and BIOS updates were pushed out that hadn't been available before, and once I updated everything (included 3 cycles of Windows Updates afterwards). uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom worked. Thanks!

Glad it worked out for you!  

Ghost_Hunter_20
Listener

Running into the same problem on Windows every single time I share my screen.

Version: 5.13.3 (11494) (no idea if this is 32-bit or 64-bit -- it's installed in AppData/Roaming)

Updated my drivers, tried disabling hardware acceleration, etc., nothing worked. I have a pretty fast computer -- Ryzen 9 7950X, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 2080 Ti

This used to work for me fine until I updated Zoom a few months ago.

Are you sure that all of your drivers/bios are up-to-date? I was, but a week later, I checked again and there were optional updates for drivers that hadn't been there previously. Updating those (and then Windows a bunch afterwards) fixed the issue, once I uninstalled and then reinstalled Zoom. Hope it works for you too!