cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling random recurring meetings

fjcc-cca
Listener

I'd like to set up a recurring meeting for every three weeks in a month. Right now it seems I'd have to do every week when actually we are only meeting on a day for three weeks in each month. Any way this can be done?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @fjcc-cca.

There are two ways to make this work.

First way: Create a recurring meeting with "No fixed recurrence" and rely on your calendaring system to schedule the meetings, with the link in the calendar entry.

Second way: Create a recurring meeting with weekly entries, and either delete or ignore the weeks you don't want to meet.

There are pros and cons to consider.  First, note that a recurring meeting with a regular meeting interval is limited to 50 occurrences; once the 50th meeting is scheduled, you'd have to create a new recurring meeting for the next 50 occurrences.  With 3 meetings per month and therefore 36 meetings per year, it would be reasonable to set this up once a year.  (Note: I'm not 100% sure that deleting the intervening meetings will "free up" entries for more meetings... but I think it will work. Plus, there are only 52 weeks in a year, and who wants to meet in late December/early January!?)

A recurring meeting with No fixed recurrence currently can only be scheduled on the Web Portal, and is not possible to schedule on the desktop application or on any plug-ins.  But it is flexible, in case of rescheduling and any desire to have the same meeting Join Link "forever" (some people want that!). Also, this meeting doesn't show up regularly on the host's desktop app, though it does show up at the bottom of the list of meetings (it's often missed if there are many meetings on the list).

I hope that's helpful!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

@Ray_Harwood wrote:

Hi, @fjcc-cca.

There are two ways to make this work.

First way: Create a recurring meeting with "No fixed recurrence" and rely on your calendaring system to schedule the meetings, with the link in the calendar entry. GFX Tool Pro for BGMI

Second way: Create a recurring meeting with weekly entries, and either delete or ignore the weeks you don't want to meet.

There are pros and cons to consider.  First, note that a recurring meeting with a regular meeting interval is limited to 50 occurrences; once the 50th meeting is scheduled, you'd have to create a new recurring meeting for the next 50 occurrences.  With 3 meetings per month and therefore 36 meetings per year, it would be reasonable to set this up once a year.  (Note: I'm not 100% sure that deleting the intervening meetings will "free up" entries for more meetings... but I think it will work. Plus, there are only 52 weeks in a year, and who wants to meet in late December/early January!?)

A recurring meeting with No fixed recurrence currently can only be scheduled on the Web Portal, and is not possible to schedule on the desktop application or on any plug-ins.  But it is flexible, in case of rescheduling and any desire to have the same meeting Join Link "forever" (some people want that!). Also, this meeting doesn't show up regularly on the host's desktop app, though it does show up at the bottom of the list of meetings (it's often missed if there are many meetings on the list).

I hope that's helpful!

Thank you! I'm also wondering solution of this.😍