cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving recordings

poketygardener
Listener

I used 'automatic recording' on a meeting using a Basic account BUT USED A CHROMEBOOK DEVICE.

I have read that Chromebooks don't record to the device, only to the cloud, but I can not access the cloud recording because I used a basic account.

I can not find the recording listed on the 'recordings' section of my account page, but it does have a button that says "Get Cloud Recording" and when I click that, it offers me an upgrade purchase to a Pro plan.

My question is: If I upgrade my Basic account to Pro, will I be able to access the cloud recording that was made from the Basic account before the upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

poketygardener
Listener

Thank you everyone.

I wasn't able to get any zoom support to answer the question, so I went ahead and purchased a monthly upgrade to give me access to the cloud and check, but there is nothing there.

Apparently, although I had "record" on the automatic setting, zoom doesn't record anything to the cloud from the Basic plan, even though the only record option for Chromebooks is to the cloud without any indication of that at set-up or when I switched on automatic record, and even though there was every indication that the meeting WAS being recorded.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I really doubt a recording was made.
A little app needs to pop up and process a recording after the meeting - did you see this?
Any file defaults to the mydocuments/zoom folder - can you see one?

poketygardener
Listener

Thank you everyone.

I wasn't able to get any zoom support to answer the question, so I went ahead and purchased a monthly upgrade to give me access to the cloud and check, but there is nothing there.

Apparently, although I had "record" on the automatic setting, zoom doesn't record anything to the cloud from the Basic plan, even though the only record option for Chromebooks is to the cloud without any indication of that at set-up or when I switched on automatic record, and even though there was every indication that the meeting WAS being recorded.