cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository for Linux packages

mhalano
Listener

When will be available a repository for DEB and RPM Zoom's packages? It's hard to keep an eye on the updates and download and install manually. I would like if my system find the updates during the regular update.

5 REPLIES 5

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

As you mentioned, this is not currently available.  

At this time, all feature requests are managed within our https://zoom.us/feed submission form. We encourage you to submit this idea there, where the information will reach the relevant product team for review.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

Seconded; it's wonderful that Zoom even offers proper packages, but the fact that I have to be reminded by the client to do this is frustrating to the extreme, since literally every other resource is automatically managed at the system level, without any mandatory interaction needed by me except that which I have already chosen to do.

All this does is remind me why I stopped using Windows in the first place; it was irritating to have to run a dozen different apps, wasting system resources, just to handle "automatic" updates of the non-Microsoft stuff.

And I don't know about an RPM/Yum repo, but setting up an APT repo is pretty easy; I'm certain anyone who has the skills to build a *.deb package file can certainly handle setting up the repo to go with it.

mwlphelps
Listener

Yes, this is critical for maintaining large numbers of systems. I have already submitted an entry in the online for, but I'm adding my voice here too.

It should be possible to write a shell script that will create a local repository, download the latest client, put it in the local repository (I'm using apt, but you could do an RPM repository), and then upgrade or install as needed. 

Why we should have to do this IDK, Zoom should be providing their own SNAP, Appimage, repository or flatpak..or something.

pierof
Listener

2 years+ and this is still not available? Official instructions say "download the deb and install it manually". This is not how you do things in Linux.