cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording : switching from speaker view to gallery view in the same recording

DenisPictobello
Listener

Hi, 

When I record a meeting (cloud), I have two separate files: speaker view and gallery. What I would like to do is to switch from one to the other in the SAME video  recording (without editing the video afterwards). How do I do this?

Most of the time, I need the speaker view (+ shared screen), but from time to time, during the same meeting, I want all the participants to appear in the video, then, I come back to the speaker view (it is possible to switch in the meeting self, but I would like this switch to appear in one and the same video. And not only an active speaker, but the full gallery). However, in the recording, I have two separate files (speaker OR gallery). Is it possible to switch from one to the other in the same recording?

Thank you for your help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ian
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Currently we do not support this workflow and would request you to edit the file to suit your needs.

I do think it could be a cool feature request, so I will forward it on internally. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Happy_To_Help
Listener

For now, this feature has not been rolled out.. it will soon be, so I say editing is a good option

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ian

Currently we do not support this workflow and would request you to edit the file to suit your needs.

I do think it could be a cool feature request, so I will forward it on internally. Thank you!

Happy_To_Help
Listener

For now, this feature has not been rolled out.. it will soon be, so I say editing is a good option

GAR
Attendee

The problem with the Speaker View recording to the cloud is that it does not follow the spotlighting as seen by the participants during the actual meeting.  I control carefully the spotlighting, never allowing Zoom to spotlight whoever is speaking, always spotlighting  at least one participant, but occasionally spotlighting two or three.  This is not recorded correctly.  Zoom records what would be displayed if I had not chosen what participants to spotlight.  This recording is mostly useless.