cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording my document camera without recording my students

Trisha
Listener

Hi Everyone, 

Does anyone know how to record your document camera while not recording your students? I know how to pin my video. I know how to share a screen and hide video panel.  I teach math and would like to record my lectures for my zoom class and be able to post it for my online students who are not required to meet in a zoom meeting. However, I want to keep the identity of my students in the zoom meeting confidential.

Thank you for your help!

Trisha

3 REPLIES 3

hmcgowen
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi Trisha! Are you recording locally on your device (basic account) or to the cloud (licensed user)? If the latter, you can access several cloud recording layout options which allow you to control who/what is seen in your recording (see attached screenshot).

This help center article about recording layouts may be of additional help.

And just because it's awesome, you may want to also check out one of Zoom's latest features geared toward educators--Focus Mode!

Hope this helps 🙂

dmgoldstein1
Listener

Hello Trisha,

It's great that you're trying to serve different student's needs while respecting everyone's privacy.  I had a math teacher in high school who couldn't stand for long periods of time, and so would just sit up front and write the lesson on blank pieces of camera with a document camera projecting them, and the camera could take pictures which he would then upload.  It was a great way to make the days lessons accessible.  Perhaps your document camera has its own recording capabilities?  If not,  another option would be for you to use another computer (if you have one) to join the meeting and pin the document camera, and that computer would be responsible for recording just the document cam.

emagao
Listener

Dear Trisha,

For your difficulty,  I think the best way to deal with it is by a document camera, integrating with the recording and displaying in real-time.  HDMI/USB/VGA/wifi document cameras are all available for you. If you wanna the budget price to achieve your needs, V500 doc camera will be your best choice. While, if you wanna the best clarity to show the tiniest,  the 4-in-1 solution document camera with 12 optical zoom will be nice. For more info, you can visit here