cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording a session

MichelleM23
Listener

Hello I have a pro account - I will be recording a meeting which will be approx 90 minutes long.  I will record it locally to my mac, will I have enough storage?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@MichelleM23 Yes, you should have enough storage. I would argue to make sure you have at least 5 GBs of storage available on your machine even though the recording will most like take 2 - 3. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

TomO

Hello Michelle,

The file size can depend on what's happening in the meeting. If you're sharing a document that doesn't change much it will be lower. If there's a lot of movement it can be higher. Things like this can make the size vary greatly but from my experience you can expect anywhere from 250 Megabytes to 750 Megabytes for a 1 hour recording. 

To be safe, if you have 5 Gigabytes of free space you should have more than enough space.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

J-Zoom-ATL

@MichelleM23 Yes, you should have enough storage. I would argue to make sure you have at least 5 GBs of storage available on your machine even though the recording will most like take 2 - 3. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

TomO

Hello Michelle,

The file size can depend on what's happening in the meeting. If you're sharing a document that doesn't change much it will be lower. If there's a lot of movement it can be higher. Things like this can make the size vary greatly but from my experience you can expect anywhere from 250 Megabytes to 750 Megabytes for a 1 hour recording. 

To be safe, if you have 5 Gigabytes of free space you should have more than enough space.