cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording a Presentation

revdmd
Listener

How do I set up a meeting where as host I record someone else's presentation which includes Powerpoint that I will be controlling? Do I spotlight the speaker? How then do i screen share over the speaker?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yes, that's fine. I would recommend doing a couple of test runs to be sure you feel comfortable with the process and the resulting video is what you want. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

First, will you be recording to the cloud or locally to your computer? That will have an impact on what the best method is. 

to my computer....

Bort

Ok, here are my suggestions: 

1. Schedule the meeting and invite the presenter
  2. Ensure you have the desktop client installed and you have Local recording enabled in your web settings
  3. In the desktop client settings (under the Recording tab) check your settings to ensure you have the layout you want for the recording. In particular, the Record videos during screen sharing and Place video next to the shared screen in the recording options. 
  4. Start the meeting and have the presenter begin sharing their slides
  5. Pin their video,  turn off your video, and hide non-video participants.
  6. Begin recording locally.  

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

does this still resolve it if i am showing the slides that the speaker is referring to?

Bort

Yes, that's fine. I would recommend doing a couple of test runs to be sure you feel comfortable with the process and the resulting video is what you want. 

CoachVal
Listener

Hi Bort. 
I am finding the "Record videos during screen sharing" option, but not the "Place video next to the shared screen in the recording" option. I am in Meeting (not webinar) and pro version.
Would you be able to confirm if this has changed since you last posted this informaiton?  
Thank you