cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording File does not exist

aimeecarr
Listener

The recording/ zoom meeting was just less than 24 hours ago. I saw it converting but left the computer open and when I checked today, it was not saved on my local file. Went to my recording tab and recorded meetings, it says "FILE DOES NOT EXIST" Options are: Open, Convert and Delete, when you choose open and convert, it says the same thing.  It also shows on Meeting Details that it was recorded. Help Please!

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @aimeecarr sorry, you're having issues with accessing your recording file! As its been some time since you've posted this discussion, have you looked into our KBs on Troubleshooting Zoom Recordings

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

dianagalstyan
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @aimeecarr ! I'm sorry to hear that.

Where did you save the recording? Was it on an external hard drive?  Usually it can happen when there is an issue with the hard drive, the recording may be lost.

I recommend trying to find the file by going to the default file location and seeing if the file exists.

dianagalstyan_0-1652200152655.png

The article below contains the steps to help you accomplish that:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206277393-Finding-and-viewing-local-recordings#:~:text=By%...

If you are able to find the file , please submit a ticket. The Zoom support team will help you convert it. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

I have the same problem.  My coworker shared with me the link:  https://anyscale.zoom.us/recording/detail?meeting_id=p7qCol50RbK56NuAg35vVA%3D%3D

When I click the link I get the message This recording does not exist. (3,301).

The meeting was more than 24 hours ago.  Can we get the recording?

Thank you

dianagalstyan
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi there, Thank you for your questions. The issue is different, as @aimeecarr is referring to a local recording, and you are referring to a cloud recording. 

Has the co-worker been able to access the recording himself? He can follow the steps below to find and share the recording:

How to share, download, and delete cloud recordings

1. Access your cloud recordings as mentioned in the accessing recording management section.
  2. Find the cloud recording you want to share, download or delete.
  • To share:
    1. On the recording's page, click Share.
    2. In the Share this cloud recording pop-up window, adjust your sharing settings as desired.
    3. Click Copy Sharing Information, then navigate to your email or where you need to share the cloud recording, to paste the sharing information.

You can find more information about the topic in the article below:
success.zoom.us/j/99833846758?pwd=NmNMSzdzZk9LaHltNlN2YXYrYm92UT09#success

In case you still have an issue, please contact us via chat (please share the meeting ID and the date and time of the meeting with the support agent.