cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Scheduling Recurring Meetings

KathyinCA
Listener

I can't seem to schedule a recurring meeting. When I check the box for it, no options are offering for the recurrence pattern, as the instructions say should happen--I just get a message saying to check recurrence or repeat in my calendar invitation. If I go ahead, the meeting is scheduled for only one time.

Help? I'd like to stop having to send a new link each week, but I must be missing something.

9 REPLIES 9

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

What calendar app are you using to schedule the recurring meeting? For example, are you using Outlook or Google Calendar? Please see if scheduling a recurring meeting on Zoom.US works. A screenshot is attached.

Hellow; I have the same problem Cathylin has; I am using google calendar. How can i schedule weekly recurring meetings? 

KathyinCA
Listener

I'm scheduling from the Windows Zoom app. Once I've set up the meeting there, I select the option to add it to my Outlook calendar. But I don't even get that far, because when I select "recurring meeting," no option to set an interval comes up. And when I add it to Outlook, it's a single event only.

chrismenard7

Here is my suggestion. I schedule recurring Zoom meetings using the Outlook desktop all the time at my FT job. I suggest making sure the Zoom add-in is loaded in Outlook and try scheduling a recurring Zoom meeting from Outlook. See if that works. It is a much easier experience. Please let me know if you need instructions on getting the Zoom add-in loaded to the Outlook desktop. 

Hi--you may have missed my follow-up post to the topic. I already had the Zoom add-in in Outlook, but I do need instructions to schedule a recurring meeting. When I use the Zoom schedule button in Outlook, it launches an email notice and then opens my Zoom meeting defaults. No option is given for a recurring meeting.

KathyinCA
Listener

I think I do need the instructions. I'm pretty fluent in Outlook, but when I use the Zoom schedule button there, it launches an email notice and then opens my Zoom meeting defaults. No option is given for a recurring meeting.

KathyinCA
Listener

PS I already had the Zoom plug-in in Outlook--just hadn't used it.

vJacob
Listener

Hello,

Hopefully you had some success in doing what you needed to do! However, I'd like to give some feedback.

Scheduling from Zoom App

• Clicking the reoccurring meeting toggle will set your soon to be scheduled Zoom meeting to a "reoccurring meeting type" in Zoom Cloud. This gives your meeting ID a "meet anytime" status and active life of the meeting ID for around 365 days from last time it's used. So no date parameters are needed for Zoom link.
  • Moving through the steps to generate your Outlook invitation, it will appear as a single occurrence, but here is where you will specify reoccurring date parameters for Outlook scheduling.

Scheduling from Outlook Zoom plugin

• There are a couple gymnastics to working with your Zoom link.
  • You have to first fill out all Outlook event details, specifically the date range/reoccurring dates etc...THEN click add a Zoom meeting. Zoom plugin will read details if its reoccurring meeting and will set the Meeting ID type to be so.
  • If you click add a zoom meeting before, Zoom plugin will generate a generic meeting as there is no details set yet for the Outlook event...this, UNLESS you go back into Zoom plugin settings and hit UPDATE after you set your event details. 

You can confirm if you go into your Zoom account on the web and view your upcoming meetings. You'll see either single occurrence meetings, or the reoccurring type, which will be under their own section.

Hope that helps!

coachphil
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I had been able to schedule recurring meetings using my PMI but in the past couple of months this capability has disappeared , I can still book recurring events but if I want to use my PMI I get a message stating that it isn't possible and a new unique login link and info is generated. The hack , which is a pain the back side is create it then edit the event and add the preferred PMI but this is a time suck.