cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset without signing in to Google

Shannon_SLP
Listener

I can not remember the password for my personal Zoom account. When I do "Forgot my password" and type in my email address, I get an email from Zoom saying "Based on our records, you used Google to sign in Zoom, click the button below, then select sign in with Google."

When I click on the link, it simply signs me in to my work Zoom, which is associated with a different email address. How can I get around this Sign in with Google thing and just generate a new password?!

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Shannon_SLP 

Sounds like your browser is storing only your work Gmail credentials and automatically choosing those to login to Zoom with. If you open a new browser and go to the Google homepage, click on your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen and click Add another account. This will walk you through the process of having another account to choose from in this browser. After that's done, when you click on the Google sign-in option, you should have 2 Gmail accounts to choose from, rather than just the one automatically chosen. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

hi . how can  restore my password. why it is so hard to do?

magicref
Listener

Everything I tried to log into Zoom was a disaster.  Your rules and software for signing into an established account is terrible.  Trying to change my "Password" with so many stupid conditions you have are like showing my left ear to someone by pointing to it with my right hand,  over my head and pointing down to my ear.  Instead of pointing to my left ear with my left hand.  I know you folks don't understand what i stated because you don't take "logic" and math classes like I did. Let me explain....

If I make a similar request  from another establishment, they will email me a temporary password or a direct login "link" that puts me right into the menu to enter my new password and repeat the password.  And I'm done.

I don't need to read a bunch of garbage you people put on your website, including establishing a new account in Google, and BTW my account was locked for a while.  Thanks (?!) for all your GARBAGE.  Life was surely simpler without the software programmer pions.