cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Video Link Design

carolmc
Listener

I really hate the new  video link design. It makes you log in to Zoom simply to copy and paste the link to share. I tried copying and pasting the old way and it copies the entire page (including my private link), or at best centers the shared link, making it virtually disappear to anyone using a small screen like a phone. I teach 12 different group classes a week and record them all. It's a total pain to have to go through this extra step to send videos to my students to practice with the next day when I'm not logged into Zoom. 

Is there a workaround? Is there a way to default to the old video link that was easy to copy and paste?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! If you are on the latest version 5.9.3 for mac users and windows users. You can go to the recording tab and then click on the quick action "share" button and then the link in the first field is your recording URL and is a single link. You can copy and paste this into a message of email very easily and is visible on mobile devices as well. Below is a screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 6.11.48 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your response. What I am hoping for is something that doesn’t require me to be logged into Zoom at all to copy and paste the link. Until this week, all I had to do was to copy the “share this video” link in the video link that gets emailed to me after I close a meeting. Sometimes this link is not emailed right after the close of the meeting and sometimes I am not near a computer when I get the link. I would like to continue to be able to share the link by emailing it to my students without having to log into Zoom to copy the link. 
Thanks,
Carol

YaBoiB

Hello Carol, 

You should get an email every time that you finish a recording. The email comes from ***********

so, if you are not getting those emails, please make sure that you are not blocking no-reply emails or *.zoom.us traffic. Whenever I have a cloud recording, I receive an email from the server. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?