Check out our new Work Transformation Summit page, and join our upcoming event to learn how leading organizations are building a smarter hybrid workspace for their employees.

Visit the page
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring Disabled while using Powerpoint as Virtual Background

NRosell
Listener

I discovered the PowerPoint as Virtual Background today and I love it! However, it disables mirroring while I use it and I can't figure out how to turn mirroring back on.  When I go to Background & Effects in Settings, the "Mirror my video" is greyed out while I am using Powerpoint as Virtual Background.  Any help appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Patricia_B
Community Champion

I have confirmed that it is currently not possible to mirror your video while using the Slides as Virtual Background option. I'm very sorry about this inconvenience! I will be asking our documentation team to include this limitation in our article on the feature. I am however thinking this by design, as the mirrored video is only visible to you (meaning participants always receive the non-mirrored version). This could cause you to lean in the wrong direction while sharing and cover a portion of the presentation, as you would not be seeing the same video as the participants.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.