cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in on two different devices?

Pentuin
Listener

I have an upcoming meeting at which I need to be logged into Zoom on two different devices. I have an old MacBook that I'm trying to use that has OS X 10.6.8 on it. I installed ZOOM but it won't update to the latest version, which isn't surprising. But every time I log into ZOOM on the Mac it logs me out of the primary computer (Windows 10 Pro). Is there some parameter that I need to set that allows me to do this? The Mac is running ZOOM version 3.6.10826.1101 . It won't update to anything else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Pentuin 

You will not be able to be logged in to the actual Zoom client on two machines at once, but you can join the Meeting from both machines - one after the other. You only need to be logged in when you join.

Log in to your first machine and join the meeting, then login from your second machine and join the meeting again. Zoom will get logged out from your first machine, but it will not disconnect your actual meeting from the client.

Both machines will still be in the Meeting.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert

Hi @Pentuin 

You will not be able to be logged in to the actual Zoom client on two machines at once, but you can join the Meeting from both machines - one after the other. You only need to be logged in when you join.

Log in to your first machine and join the meeting, then login from your second machine and join the meeting again. Zoom will get logged out from your first machine, but it will not disconnect your actual meeting from the client.

Both machines will still be in the Meeting.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

I assume this happens because... magic?

Thank you for that, but how do I view the meeting on both devices as two members  will be in separate rooms on same meeting, hope that makes sense. When I log in to meeting on second iPad I get message to switch main pc off.

Why is this marked as sovling the issue?

You are basically saying "We chose to ignore this issue."