cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live captions real-time editing

JanineW
Listener

I really appreciate the auto-transcript feature on Zoom that creates closed captioning in real time. Sometimes, however, Zoom doesn't get the words right and participants get confused. I know there is a way to assign someone to transcribe, but if we don't have anyone able to type fast enough to keep up with the presenter, is there a way to assign someone to monitor the auto-transcribed captions and edit them when the words are not correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to edit the automated captioning during the live meeting. The saved captions can be edited for the cloud recording playback. 

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to edit the automated captioning during the live meeting. The saved captions can be edited for the cloud recording playback. 

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

Tesscruz
Listener

I’m deaf so I used captioning on meeting but the past year, the captioning is mostly wrong. Maybe in 1 sentence, half of what it typed is wrong. If this is real time captioning, it should be better than computer generated. Sometimes it stopped and just typed blah blah blah. . is the captioning real time or computer generated.