cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language interpretation

radup22
Listener

Hello, i would like to know more about how the activation with language interpretation option works. How much is the price exactly for this option per month? It will be automatically included after a specific account is been payed?

What kind of paid account do exactly i need for this one.

Is there any way i can test this option for free as a trial to see how it works? 

Or is there another way to create a separate audio chat for an interpreter that will translate? I am still a little confuse

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

Here are the prerequisites to use it. You will need to provide an interpreter, Zoom is not doing that part. With that being said, nothing is preventing you from testing this function by naming a friend or colleague as interpreter and do a ''test'' meeting. 

Prerequisites for using Language Interpretation

• Business, Education, or Enterprise account; or a Pro account with the Zoom Webinar add-on plan
  • Meeting with an automatically generated meeting ID
  • Zoom desktop client
    • Windows: 5.2.1 (44052.0816) or higher
    • macOS: 5.2.1 (44040.0816) or higher
  • Zoom mobile app
    • Android: 5.2.1 (44042.0816) or higher
    • iOS: 5.2.1 (44038.0816) or higher

Here are all the details about this function, and how to enable it:

Using Language Interpretation in your meeting or webinar – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

radup22
Listener

Thank you! The test can be done without buying any method? Just to test first and then consider buying it. 

Alex_PFT

You do need a Business, Education, or Enterprise account; or a Pro account with the Zoom Webinar add-on plan to be able to enable it, and be able to test this function.

Alex

zoom@pft

Can you please help me with some details about the Zoom application.

We want it for the following situation:
We are a market research company and we want to organize a focus group discussion. We need an application that allows participation in an online discussion for 9 people for 2 hours, and what these 9 people discuss can be seen and heard in real time by 5 other people / clients + 1 translator (person per which we have). Clients and the translator should be in a separate room from which they can hear and see in real time what the 9 people are discussing (and the translator should translate to the clients what the 9 people are discussing). At the same time we want to record the discussion (including the voice of the translator).

If so, what is the right subscription? Thank you!

Alex_PFT

The less complicated solution would be to have everybody in the same meeting. Clients and translator can have their camera/mic off so nobody can see/hear them, they can even change their name if it needs to be confidential. The participants would use the original audio, and the clients the translation. You would need a PRO license and the webinar addon on your account for this, to be able to activate the translation function.

If you absolutely need to have the clients in a separate room, that would be a little bit more complicated. That would mean you have to stream the first meeting with the 9 participants into a second meeting with the clients & translator. For this option you do not need the interpretation function, but you do need 2 PRO license, since you have 2 meetings running for more than 40 minutes. You would also need someone in the first meeting to stream it, and someone in the second meeting to share the stream.  You can do streaming via a third party software like OBS studio, or via the live streaming option in Zoom.

Live streaming meetings/webinars on YouTube – Zoom Support

Facebook livestreaming meetings or webinars – Zoom Support

Live streaming using a custom service – Zoom Support 

Hope this helps.

Alex

zoom@pft

hannuhei
Listener

Hi, this is a simple question on the topic: I do not know how to activate the language interpretation, I understand it needs an add-on, my account is a Pro one, but the time it was purchased, this add-on was not available for the Pro.

This I how I understand it and maybe because of that it is not in my setting for enabling... Please kindly help me?

Alex_PFT

Hi,

If you only have a PRO license you won't be able to use it. You need a Business, Education, or Enterprise account; or a Pro account with the Zoom Webinar add-on plan.

All the details are here:

Using Language Interpretation in your meeting or webinar – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

Thanks Alex. How to acquire the Zoom Webinar add-on plan? Does it mean to upgrade it to Business version? Or is it something to add to Pro with reasonable extra charge?

Alex_PFT

If you already have a PRO license, you just need to add a webinar addon. Here is how:

Purchasing an add-on plan

You can purchase various add-ons in the Interested in Other Available Plans section at the bottom of the Current Plans tab in Billing. You cannot purchase the same add-on with different billing cycles. For example, you cannot purchase a Webinar 500 monthly and a Webinar 500 annual.

Note: 1-month products last exactly one month from the purchase date. When purchasing a monthly product, you will be billed a prorated amount based on your monthly billing cycle. The product will then renew for the full price on your next monthly billing date. 

Follow the steps below to purchase an add-on plan. You can also follow these steps to purchase different licenses of the same add-on, for example Webinar 500 and Webinar 1000. To do this, you will add the new plan to your cart, instead of editing the existing plan.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation panel, click Account Management, then click Billing.
  3. On the Current Plan tab, scroll to the Interested in Other Plans section.
  4. Click Add to Cart next to the license you would like to purchase. 
  5. Enter the number of licenses you need and select whether you would like to pay monthly or annual.
  6. Click Save & Continue.
  7. Review the changes. If correct, click Save & Continue.
  8. Click Place Order to complete your purchase.
    You will receive confirmation that your purchase was completed successfully and an email with the invoice attached.

Note: If you want to upgrade the capacity of an add-on, click Edit Current Plan on your current add-on, and then adjust the capacity. This will give you a pro-rated credit for your previous add-on and charge you a pro-rated amount for the remainder of the billing cycle for the new add-on.

Source: Upgrading an existing plan – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

Thank you, Alex,

Your guideline is clear enough, but there is not a word of language interpretation in any of those add-ons. I may be too simple a guy to understand how to add that function and how much it costs? I do not need anything else than that. Please tell me what to choose and how much, with the least expense?

Alex_PFT

Once the webinar addon is assigned to a user, that user will be able to create a meeting with the language interpretation function. You need the webinar addon to be able to use the language interpretation. If you want the cost of the webinar addon, follow the instruction of my previous post, and you will be able to see the price before you buy it. 

Alex

zoom@pft