cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Translation

arsptsa
Listener

Hi, 

Our PTA has a pro account.  We would like to add language translation but I see we don't have this feature.  

#1.  I don't fully understand how the translation works 

#2.  What is the added cost? 

Michele 

ARS PTSA 

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @arsptsa 

Right now your Pro account would not be able to access this feature for 2 reasons: you do not have a Pro account and the webinar add-on AND it has not been enabled for your account by Support. 

Once that is added, this feature allows you to set designated participants to serve as translators in your meetings. They listen to the main channel, translate into the language they are assigned, and other participants listening to that language channel will hear their translated audio. Since Zoom does not provide the translators, you would need to ensure you have someone who would be willing to be the translator for your sessions. 

As for costs, there is no specific cost for this feature, but you will need to ensure you have a Pro account + at least 1 Webinar add-on to qualify having this enabled for your account (even if you don't use the webinar feature). 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you.  

Because I represent a board, I need to know the costs associated with adding this feature.  If it means changing type of account - how do I make sure I have the most economical for our needs.  We do have translators so we're good to go there....just need the tools.  

If you can direct me to the right support person to speak with regarding our options, I would appreciate it. 

Michele 

ARS PTSA President

Bort

Hi @arsptsa 

The most basic way to achieve this would be a Pro account ($14.99/month) and the Webinar 500 add-on ($79/month).  You can also just contact Sales to get help on this. 

I need to have a way to change language in my account while in meeting

for the room