cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make it so that Users do not need to register for meetings

ITHelpdesk
Listener

Is there a way to make it so that those in my Users group do not need to register to enter my meetings but those not in my user group need to register for it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stephanehanrez
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

So I think the answer is no for now. There is no method for bypassing the registration for specific users (and forwarding the invite of a registered users is pretty bad practice for doing this imo as it pretty much defeats the whole concept of registering users). As said, a new feature will soon allow to create direct link for specific users so those would bypass the registration process, but this is primarily aimed at inviting speakers, so I'm not sure this will match your use case. I'm not fully sure exactly how this feature will look like, so not sure if you could use it or not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

stephanehanrez
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Are you speaking about meetings or webinars ?

If speaking about meetings, there is no registration process, only a waiting room. You can let users bypass your meeting room based on their domain, but not on a user group.

If speaking about webinars, registration is either for all or for nobody, you currently cannot let some user bypass it.  A feature will come soon allowing you to create a quick link  in order to invite speakers bypassing the registration process, but I cannot give you an exact date for availability, and I'm not sure this matches your use case.

Regards,
Stéphane

Hi

I know the questions is confusing so i`ll rephrase it better.  Iwould like to know if its possible to set it so that those in my user contacts or those that I invite, can somehow bypass the registration steps for joining a meeting. I want registrations activated but I would like to know if there is a way to bypass it for those that I personally invite into the meeting. I know that if a user who registers shares their links with others, they do not need to register and can just join the meeting but Is there a better method than that?

stephanehanrez
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

So I think the answer is no for now. There is no method for bypassing the registration for specific users (and forwarding the invite of a registered users is pretty bad practice for doing this imo as it pretty much defeats the whole concept of registering users). As said, a new feature will soon allow to create direct link for specific users so those would bypass the registration process, but this is primarily aimed at inviting speakers, so I'm not sure this will match your use case. I'm not fully sure exactly how this feature will look like, so not sure if you could use it or not.

andrew9
Listener

Did this feature ever get introduced?

stephanehanrez
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

You don't need to register with a Zoom account anymore to access an event, you have a guest registration allowing you to register using only an email address.