cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to point to someone when introducing them in a large meeting?

liliab
Listener

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to get someone to come on the "big" screen when I introduce them in a large meeting. We have an agency wide meeting coming up with about 600 participants. Let's say I introduce John, our CEO, it will be difficult for people to find him in the hundred of windows. Is there a way to feature him on the screen?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @liliab 

I'd recommend using the spotlight option, which will highlight up to 9 participants to be seen by all in the meeting. This would allow you to highlight yourself as the meeting host/MC and others you want to be seen by all, such as the CEO or other executives.  We do something similar for our all-hands meetings, where the current presenter is spotlighted, then the spotlight is removed from them when finished and placed on the next person or back to the MC. 

Just be sure to not confuse this with pinning someone's video, as this option would only pin their video for your view of the meeting, not everyone else as well. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @liliab 

I'd recommend using the spotlight option, which will highlight up to 9 participants to be seen by all in the meeting. This would allow you to highlight yourself as the meeting host/MC and others you want to be seen by all, such as the CEO or other executives.  We do something similar for our all-hands meetings, where the current presenter is spotlighted, then the spotlight is removed from them when finished and placed on the next person or back to the MC. 

Just be sure to not confuse this with pinning someone's video, as this option would only pin their video for your view of the meeting, not everyone else as well. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you so much!