cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initials that appear in Chat

StuartC
Listener

How do I change my initials that appear in Chat. At the moment they appear as "SC" but how would I change it to just "S"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

The initials are built on-the-fly by Zoom from the first letter in the first two words of your Display Name.

Ray_Harwood_0-1669857964301.png

I think if you only want one letter, you're going to have to settle for a 1-word Display Name... but you can probably build a compound Display Name with periods or hyphens.  I haven't test this... but seems like it would work.  Fred-Smith or Fred.Smith instead of Fred Smith.

An appropriate image would be even nicer.  You could create an image in any color with a background and a single letter, and upload it for your profile image.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

The initials are built on-the-fly by Zoom from the first letter in the first two words of your Display Name.

Ray_Harwood_0-1669857964301.png

I think if you only want one letter, you're going to have to settle for a 1-word Display Name... but you can probably build a compound Display Name with periods or hyphens.  I haven't test this... but seems like it would work.  Fred-Smith or Fred.Smith instead of Fred Smith.

An appropriate image would be even nicer.  You could create an image in any color with a background and a single letter, and upload it for your profile image.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !