cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have not recorded my last call and lost the chat as well. Is there any way to retrieve it?

JasonAMZ
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have not recorded my last call and lost the chat as well. Is there any way to retrieve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Humashankar
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JasonAMZ 

By default, Zoom doesn't retain chat history, and recordings are temporarily stored in the cloud for a limited time - only 30 days after they're deleted

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Huma

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Humashankar

Hi @JasonAMZ 

By default, Zoom doesn't retain chat history, and recordings are temporarily stored in the cloud for a limited time - only 30 days after they're deleted

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Huma

Hi @Humashankar ,

I have a similar topic, I saw you solved the problem so I wanted to reply to you here.

I have a problem with finding the cloud recording. The meeting was scheduled by another person, but he made me host. Then I wanted to record the meeting and was suggested two options (computer or cloud) and chose Zoom Cloud option. However, my account is Basic Plan, so I don't see this recording in my Zoom portal, even though I was offered this option. I need to find this video since it was my thesis defense that should be posted to the institute. Could you please help me retrieving the recording?

I have opened a ticket but it is rejected from the system saying "Our records indicate that the email address provided in the request is not associated with an active Zoom account so we are unable to respond to your open ticket."

Humashankar

Hi @Efser 

Since you don't have a paid Zoom account that allows cloud recording, retrieving the recording might depend on the host or your institute's IT department having access to it, You can request them and see the chances 

Regards

Huma

MGSR

Hi @JasonAMZ!

Welcome to the Zoom Community! 
Did you see the response from @Humashankar?
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press the Accept as Solution.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

MGSR

Hi @JasonAMZ 

I have marked @Humashankar's answer as a solution.
Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!