cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I click on Unmute and I am automatically muted

CGordon
Listener

In our organization, we have our meetings set to allow participants to unmute themselves. Periodically, when I join meetings and I choose to Unmute and I am automatically muted. (I hear "Mute off" immediately followed by "Mute on".) I can't unmute using any option (the Mute option in the meeting toolbar, the Unmute button in the participants panel, or the space bar). The only way I am able to unmute is by asking the host to unmute me. (Which is hard to do when I am the host of the meeting.)

Most of the time when this happens, I am using a Plantronics headset. Today I checked and I don't have any firmware or software updated in the Plantronics Hub. 

2 REPLIES 2

cmc123456
Listener

I have this from time to time to.  Did you get solution? or find out what caused this? 

CGordon
Listener

I tried a variety of things and it would disappear and then reappear. Things that I think helped "fix" the issue:

1. Uninstalled Zoom
  2. Uninstalled the Plantronics Hub
  3. I also made sure that all my drivers were updated (some weren't automatically installing with nightly updates)
  4. Reinstalled both Zoom and the Plantronics Hub

This didn't happen for a while. I don't expect that it will return (knock on wood) because at the end of last year, I got a new docking station and then a new computer. 

I hope this helps.