cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to shrink shared screen

HH33
Listener

Hi,

I want to be able to share my screen to show a PowerPoint presentation to a Zoom audience, but to be able to shrink the presentation screen on my monitor (i.e., to make it less than full screen) so that I can see my Windows 7 taskbar and can look at and refer to other content on my desktop. However, I don't want this to shrink the presentation screen on the screens of the audience because I don't want them to see the other content on my desktop. Is there a way I can do this, or am I asking for the impossible?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @HH33 

There isn't a good way to accomplish what you are wanting to achieve, as shrinking the size of the shared content on your screen will also affect the size of the shared content on the viewers' screens. Here are a couple of potential workarounds: 

• Click the Pause Share option to temporarily pause the shared content so that you can move your screens around, while the viewers continue to look at the shared content where you paused it. 
  • Use a 2nd computer screen, so that the shared presentation is on one screen, while you can work and look up things on the other screen. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jameswalter
Participant

Choose Screen Sharing > Preferences, then set the following options: Under Display, select “Scale to fit available space” or “Show full size,” depending on how large your screen is and how much of it you want to use for the shared screen.

This may help,
James

Bort

Hi @HH33 

There isn't a good way to accomplish what you are wanting to achieve, as shrinking the size of the shared content on your screen will also affect the size of the shared content on the viewers' screens. Here are a couple of potential workarounds: 

• Click the Pause Share option to temporarily pause the shared content so that you can move your screens around, while the viewers continue to look at the shared content where you paused it. 
  • Use a 2nd computer screen, so that the shared presentation is on one screen, while you can work and look up things on the other screen. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks, @Bort, for your explanation and the workarounds.  Even though I can't do exactly what I was hoping to be able to do, the workarounds will help me to achieve essentially the same result.

Cheers.

Bort

Great to hear! Let me know how they work out for you and if you have any further questions!