cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen to live feedback?

FriendlyWebDr
Attendee

Is there a way to listen to ourselves  LIVE (to check voice tone, etc.) while teaching a webinar? Similar to how musicians have monitors to listen to themselves WHILE playing. I understand that we can record ourselves and listen back to how we sound, but is there a way to listen LIVE while we are talking?

4 REPLIES 4

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @FriendlyWebDr ,

Thank you for visiting the Zoom Community to seek support! In reaching out to our Events Services team here at Zoom, unfortunately Zoom does not provide a mechanism for you to hear your own microphone while live in a meeting. Typically one would not want to hear this because the amount of delay in your audio interface could make it impossible to speak, and also, Bluetooth would be unbearable.  The only possible option would be to use a hardware mixer or audio interface with low latency monitoring being used as the mic device. 

Apologies that this does not provide you with a direct solution. At a minimum, you could of course record yourself ahead of time before your meeting, and then listen back to hear how you sound. But I understand that is not the same as hearing yourself live time, similar to how musicians have in-ear monitors to hear themselves live while playing. 

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I am aware of one sort-of workaround that I have used, which is to have a separate "monitor computer" tuned into the meeting or webinar and listen in on that computer. But when doing that, you must use a headset to avoid feedback between the two computer sounds. It's of course not exactly in sync with your real-time voice, but at least lets you hear how you sound.

Thanks so much, Alexis for your fine work and for getting back to me so quickly with such helpful advice!

I really appreciate how great this group is and how well it's put together!!

FriendlyWebDr
Attendee

Btw, kudos to whoever put this super helpful Zoom support community together!

It didn't exist when I first started using Zoom for my webinars two years ago and now makes things so much easier to troubleshoot and learn. Thanks again!

Thank you for the kind words, @FriendlyWebDr ! We are so happy to have this community for our users as a place where support can be provided 🙂.

Again, I apologize I could not give you a more direct solution to your question, but perhaps a fellow community member could chime in with any creative workaround that others have found to be successful 🤓 

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?