cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of 6-digit security code

chrissmit
Listener

Hi,

I don't use 2FA but when signing in from a different geo-location, my biz-partner receives an email with a 6-digit code.

How do I switch this setting off?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Bottom line up front: This is not a setting that can be turned off.

If you have your own user account and the code is going to your partner, there is a technical issue we can address.

The code should only go to the Email of the account owner.  Are you sharing the same account?  If your biz-partner is getting the code and is the owner of the account, it's working the way it's intended. 

Sharing a single user account between two people is a violation of Zoom's Terms and Conditions, and while the 6-digit security code is designed primarily to thwart hijacking someone else's account, it also deters account sharing. 

You can have your own user account in the same organizational account, and access various privileges to schedule meetings for each other, etc. using the Scheduling Privileges setting. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Jameswalter
Participant

Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin. In the navigation menu, click Advanced then Security. Under Security, click the Sign in with Two-Factor Authentication toggle to enable or disable it. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.

Hope you find this helpful,
James