cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for updates??

Anthe
Listener

Hi, when I click my picture in the top right hand corner, all it gives me is my email address and an option to sign out. There is no drop-down menu allowing me to check for updates. I am a paid subscriber. I cannot find any other way of updating zoom. In settings, I have switched on automatic updates, even so zoom starts misbehaving and needs a manual update. Please advise. Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Please explain your computing situation in more detail.

Are you using Zoom from a browser?

Hi. It's the same if I go in on the web on google browser, or are use the zoom app that I've downloaded onto my computer. 

I have the exact same issue as the person who posted above.  When I click my picture in the top right hand corner, all it gives me is my email address and an option to sign out. There is no drop-down menu allowing me to check for updates. I am a paid Pro subscriber.  And how do I check to see if I have automatic updates?  I found these directions - but under settings, I do not have a 'General' tab.  In Settings, under General, select the ‘Automatically keep my Zoom up to date’ checkbox to apply automatic updates.

Mine is the same, this is what comes up after my picture. No option for checking for updates, and there is no General tab under settings.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 102550.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @pscott @Anthe @Storywindow @dziehm  If the desktop client was installed with the MSI installer by you or your IT team, AutoUpdate is disabled by default and the Check for Updates button is also removed. If this is the case, you will need to contact your IT team or Zoom account admin for help with updating. 

You can also manually download the latest version by:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you RN... I am the owner and admin.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@pscott thank you for the response! Curious, how did you install Zoom? Through MSI or https://zoom.us/download?

Additional Zoom installers here

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

It is on my desktop PC (since 2020), and I don't know what MSI is, so it is likely the regular zoom download. I would be happy to simply find out how I can find and do updates manually.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @pscott @vinmike @dziehm within a couple of replies above, you should be able to manually download the latest version by:

Were you able to by one of the following methods above? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Please go through this article. You may have auto update disabled:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version

If this helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution

dziehm
Listener

I am having a similar problem. On the desktop app I click on my picture and there is no option to update. I went to the links in the article you provided and downloaded Zoom again, but I still don't have the Updates option. See attached screenshot.

vinmike
Listener

I have been having this exact problem for over a year, intermittently, on all three of my computers, at one point or another.  When I uninstall and re-install 'check for updates' prompt returns.  And then the prompt randomly disappears, as I am experiencing right now on this computer.  I have used multiple methods over the last year to download and install current version, but the 'check for updates' prompt always seems to randomly disappear, and 'General' or 'Zoom update' section of settings goes away.  On my other desktop(W10), Zoom just updated and the prompts are there. On this one(W11) 'check for updates' prompt is gone.

cjwolfe
Listener

So I was able to download an update using the links provided and the check for updates did appear under my profile picture for a moment. After installing the update though the profile picture went back to showing only my email and the word Licensed. It also provided the option to sign out. That's it. Why is it so hard for Zoom to get this right? It is really annoying!

eghapp
Listener

I have the same issue.  The "Check for Updates" option does not appear, even after installing using the direct download link above.  I was using a corporate account a year ago, but now have a paid personal account. This looks like a registry entry that failed to reset.  Please escalate this as a bug.

CynMobley
Listener

Did anyone ever get an answer? Pro user, same problem, no Check For Updates option. I am the admin owner on the computer. I tried manually downloading and installing and when I clik on ZoomInstallerFull or ZoomInstaller, I just get my current install and it won't upgrade.

sachinzoom

Hi @CynMobley @eghapp @cjwolfe 

I see this has not been suggested yet. Please follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall including the cleanzoom step. That should help upgrade your zoom app:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

Hope that helps