cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup custom backgrounds to install on another computer.

Russ_
Listener

My customer is getting a new machine. She needs to get all her custom backgrounds off the old and move them to her new computer. Is there a way to backup and restore or export and restore the background

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Here are the paths where the default and custom Zoom backgrounds are stored.

Default Virtual Backgrounds:

This is the location of the default Virtual Backgrounds. These are the background images and movies that are included with Zoom:

• macOS - /Users/USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/zoom.us/data/VirtualBkgnd_Default/
  • Win10 - C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\data\VirtualBkgnd_Default/

Virtual Backgrounds Custom:

This is where any images or movies that you add as Virtual Backgrounds for the Zoom desktop application are stored:

• macOS - /Users/USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/zoom.us/data/VirtualBkgnd_Custom
  • Win10 - C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\data\VirtualBkgnd_Custom

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of Zoom Test Kitchen

I know about that folder. When I goto that folder to copy the files, all I see is files that look like this {FF063590-1868-48BC-9619-AE2F24C92BD8}. I copy the file and put in same spot on other machine and I do not see any Images

Rich_in_HaPA
Listener

I have the same issue. The files all got copied over when I moved from an old MacBook Pro to a new MacBook Air but they don't show up in Zoom. If I look at them in Finder I can see the preview of the image but they don't show up in Zoom. I've added some new images and they show up in Zoom and in the folder.