cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add alternative host(s) to meeting that I was given ownership to

waldenrt
Listener

Hello,

I was just given ownership of a meeting from a colleague that has left the company.  How to I add alternate hosts to this meeting or will I be forced to create a new meeting?  Also, how to I get the meeting to show up as a re-occurring meeting in my Zoom app?

Thanks,

Richard

2 REPLIES 2

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@waldenrt 

There are prerequisites in assigning an alternative host, please see below.

Prerequisites for designating an alternative host

• Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, 4.1.8826.0925 or higher
  • Zoom mobile app
    • Android: 4.1.8860.0925 or higher
    • iOS: 4.1.8855.09254.1.8855.0925 or higher
  • Both users need to be Licensed and on the same account
  • For webinar, the user who schedules the meeting needs both a license and the webinar add-on; the alternative host only needs to be Licensed
  • Alternative hosts must be signed in to Zoom with the correct account in order to be granted the host or co-host permissions

How to designate an alternative host

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Schedule icon.

The scheduler window will open.
  3. Click Advanced Options.
  4. In the Alternative hosts field, enter the alternative name to search through users. You can also enter the alternative host's email address if their name doesn't come up.
  5. (Optional) Select the check box to enable Allow alternative hosts to add or edit polls. This feature requires Zoom version 5.8.0 or higher.
  6. Click Schedule to finish, and open up the calendar you have selected.
    The alternative host will now receive an email letting them know that they have been added as an alternative host, as long as they have not disabled this email notification in the Zoom web portal. 

For more detailed info on assigning alternative host, see KB article here >>Designating an alternative host 

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @waldenrt! You have a reply from @IP-Man to your discussion that is worth noting. If the reply has answered your question, don’t forget to mark it as an accepted solution 🙂