cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if a meeting ended?

Bmg06
Listener
I posted this yesterday but it was flagged as spam and deleted? Please don’t delete this I really need help. 

I hosted a zoom meeting last night. There were two participants - myself and one other person. Although the meeting appears to be over, I did not end this meeting. The other participant did not end the meeting. 

I want to make sure this meeting has actually ended. I want to make sure that it is not still going.  I do not want to be charged for hosting an extended meeting, and I don’t want the other participant to get charged for attending an extended meeting, when neither of us are still there.

Thank you for your time and your help with this matter. 
3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

HI @Bmg06 

There are 2 ways to end a meeting on Zoom: 

1. The Host of the meeting chooses to end the meeting for all participants. 
  2. All participants leave the meeting. 

Also, there is no worry about being charged for an extended meeting, as Zoom will just end the meeting when you've reached your time limit. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Bmg06
Listener

Thank you so much for your rapid response! 

As a follow up question, if there was a glitch of some kind and the meeting didn’t actually end, how would I know? Is it possible to be in a meeting without knowing you are still in a meeting?

thank you again!

Bort

The easiest way I can think of to check if one of your meetings is still going, would be to check your Zoom account on the web, which will show if a scheduled meeting is currently active or not. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.08.36.png