cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I edit a video recorded in the cloud?

lonekauri
Listener

7 REPLIES 7

AGH3rd
Participant

It depends on what you mean by "editing"...

If you just want to trim something off the beginning and the end you can change the start and end times just to show what you want without actually cutting out anything,.

If you mean adding and cutting stuff then you will have to download it into a video editing program (but remember that if you do that you can NOT them upload the edited version to the zoom cloud.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

As @AGH3rd  mentioned, you can trim the beginning and end off of a cloud recording, but that is just making those portions available for view when watching from the web. If you or a user downloads a copy of that trimmed recording, the entire recording will be provided. 

Actual editing of the recording will require downloading the files and editing in video software. 

I need to eliminate the first 11 minutes of a zoom recorded meeting when all members are

coming into the meeting.  How may I do this please in step by step instructions.

I then must post the edited recording on our FB page.

Please help me and Thank You.

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/FOtTbc6lwRpBFzgpaAmGxbwhAO1kirOh65QB8oL6DisONyUxfJXx0PkDS_nz7quk.n...

soupfamily
Listener

If I want to cut out the last 20 minutes of a recording before sending it to anyone can I do that in Zoom?

OKV
Listener

I want to eliminate the first 11 minutes of a zoom recorded meeting when all members are

coming into the meeting.  How may I do this please in step by step instructions. Thank you.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Zoom has a support site that explains your answer in great detail

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003001383-Trimming-cloud-recordings 

Regards,

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

JaneSamth
Listener

To edit a cloud-recorded video, follow these steps:

1. Download the video file from the cloud storage to your local device.
  2. Choose a video editing software or app that supports your editing needs.
  3. Import the downloaded video file into the editing software.
  4. Trim and cut unwanted sections, rearrange clips, or add transitions and effects as desired.
  5. Edit audio tracks, adjust volume levels, or add background music.
  6. Include text overlays, titles, or captions if needed.
  7. Enhance the video quality, adjust colors, or apply filters if desired.
  8. Preview and review the edited video to ensure it meets your expectations.
  9. Save the final edited video in a desired format and resolution.
  10. If necessary, upload the edited video back to the cloud storage for sharing or further access.

Remember to check the documentation or tutorials specific to the video editing software you choose for detailed instructions on its features and functions.