cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Ongoing Issue with Meetings

Brittany212
Listener

First time poster and I am REALLY hoping someone has a solve for this. I am having an issue with Zoom Meetings that has lasted for at least the past six months, and I haven't been able to figure it out.

Essentially what's happening is if I schedule back to back meetings (Meeting A and B) and Meeting A runs over, Zoom is allowing the participants from Meeting B to join Meeting A while it's still in progress. This is very confusing to me because they are scheduled as separate meetings - and it's very confusing to participants as well.

I think I need to adjust something in my settings but I'm not sure what. I was actually looking at my meetings and I noticed that the Meeting ID and Meeting Password is the same for every meeting I schedule. Could this be the cause? If so, how can I generate unique Meeting IDs and/or passwords?

Thank you so much in advance for your help! 

1 REPLY 1

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

If your meeting IDs are all the same, you are probably scheduling with your personal room, try to select ''Generate automatically'' instead of ''Personal meeting'' when you create a meeting. 

Alex_PFT_1-1647453163395.png

Also, if you want to prevent participants joining before you, when you create a new meeting, enable the waiting room, or, in advanced options, disable ''allow participants to join anytime''. 

Alex

zoom@pft