cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the zoom started to strongly respect the duration of the meetings?

tomaszkielak25
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Has the zoom started to strongly respect the duration of the meetings? Unfortunately, on 2 of my accounts with a license and setting the meeting to 3 hours, after 2.5 hours I got information that my meeting was about to end. After editing and extending the time to 7 hours, I had the same problem that after 2 hours my meeting closed and after reconnecting the meeting closed after 40 minutes.

I remember that the zoom did not respect the time so much.

Could this be a problem in the program itself? 

The meetings date was set for end work week so that attendees could connect to the meeting before that date. Because these were lectures at the university. an additional option was that the participants could connect at any time 

now, in order to avoid problems, I have arranged to recurring meetings but i would like to know what the problem was. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Community Moderator | Employee

Hey @tomaszkielak25, when you create a meeting, you can set the duration of the meeting.  If your meeting does runs over time, the session will not stop. You can continue the meeting for as long as you want and end the meeting when necessary.

I would suggest opening a support ticket with our Zoom support team here to further investigate the cause of the meeting ending. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RN

Hey @tomaszkielak25, when you create a meeting, you can set the duration of the meeting.  If your meeting does runs over time, the session will not stop. You can continue the meeting for as long as you want and end the meeting when necessary.

I would suggest opening a support ticket with our Zoom support team here to further investigate the cause of the meeting ending. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!